Nokia launches 'WhatsApp phone' Asha 210
Nokia would come from its Finnish offices this week, and bright and early morning of Wednesday, it did indeed launch a newphone and here it is – the .
The Nokia Asha 210 has been designed to offer consumers more socialexperiences and is perhaps the most social and expressive Asha yet. Its great quality keyboard will be a favourite with text addicts. As well as WhatsApp, the phone comes with Facebook, Twitter and support for email accounts.
A QA session was also held on 24th of April, 2013 for the Nokia Asha 210, to get some of your queries cleared regarding this exciting phone with a ‘LUMIA’ look and QWERTY keys.
Daily over 20 billion messages are sent over WhatsApp which compelled Nokia to design a trendy social handest with an iconic design andvibrant colours. It comes with a dedicated camera key which accesses the camera without unlocking. The keypad has a matt finish giving it a perfect experience on typing fast and accurate messages. One more unique feature of this phone is it self-portrait camera experience which is voice based enabling you to have a perfect shot. The built-in voice guides the user to ensure they are in the frame, before taking the shot.
- Nokia Asha 210 comes with a 2.4-inch LCD display that features 320x240 pixel resolution.
- The Nokia Asha 210 11.8 mm thick Asha 210.
- It has a four row Qwerty keyboard with tightly packed keys.
- The space bar key is relatively larger and also acts a shortcut to start the connectivity option for the device.
- Most interesting part is the dedicated WhatsApp key which opens the pre-installed WhatsApp application.
- On the other side of the directional pad is the dedicated camera key to quickly capture and share images using the 2 megapixel camera at the back.
- There is no flash.
- Nokia has packed the FM Radio for the music and news listeners.
- By default, the Asha 210 has 32 MB RAM and features a micro SD card that can support up to 32 GB micro SD card.
- Other special features include the Phonebook integration that allows the user to launch WhatsApp directly from there.
- YouTube launcher comes pre-loaded to browse and stream videos.
- The Dual-SIM model features an “EasySwap” technology that allows switching between the SIMs without turning off the device.
- Featuring a 2mm charging connecting, Asha 210 also offers a 3.5 mm audio port and micro USB port to transfer data.For faster mobile web experience, Nokia Asha 210 touts the “Nokia Xpress Browser” that squeezes the web pages to push customized and small sized web pages to the mobile screen.
The company claims that it has a battery life of up to 46 days with single-sim and up to 24 days with dual-sim. According to Nokia it has a talk-time capacity of 12 hours on 2G.
Nokia Asha 210 will be available in five colour options: yellow, cyan, black, magenta, and white. Nokia, in its release said that the estimated retail price for Asha 210 is around $72. The company expects to start shipping the phone in the second quarter of 2013.